Desert Art Vibe
St George Tabernacle - PostcardDAV034
Regular price $5.00
This beautiful 4x6 postcart was created with an art enhanced photograph of the St. George Taberacle The Tabernacle was designed by Mormon church architect, Robert Folsom. Construction started in 1863 and completed in 1875. The Tabernacle was handcrafted from many local resources in the area, such as limestone, red stone boulders and timber. In the desert water is quite important for livestock and crops. Irrigation water turns were timed to the minute in early St George. The schedule ran 24 hours a day, without the modern unification of time devices, the neighbors' timepieces often differed from one to the next, causing turn issues. In 1872 the Tabernacle’s town clock tower was installed to help alleviate the irrigation time issues. The clock was made in London and shipped to St. George via New York.